The thought behind the formation of this organization was brought forward by Sri. K.V. Sebastian, Kottayam. He convened the meeting of the Ministerial Staff of Kottayam, Alapuzha, Ernakulam and Idukki districts at Indraprastha Auditorium, Kottayam on 04/01/1978. The main agenda of that meeting was to form an association for ministerial staff of Health Services Department irrespective of party politics. The meeting declared the formation of our Association. Sri. M.L. Joseph, Ernakulam, Sri. K. V. Sebastian, Kottayam, and Sri. Joseph Gregory was elected as the first President, General Secretary and Treasurer respectively. The Government later recognized the Association vide G.O.(Ms) No. 517/79/GAD/ dated 18/09/1979.
The annual conferences were held at Ernakulam, Alapuzha, Kollam, Kottayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kannur, Kozhikkod, Pathanamthitta, Trissur, Palakkad, Kasaragod, Idukki, Palakkad, Kozhikkode & Malappuram so far.
Major Achievements of our Organization
- Creation of posts of Lay Secretary & Treasurer in Taluk Hospitals.
- Creation of posts of Administrative Assistants in the District Medical Offices.
- Interchangeability in LD/UD
- Retention of the Posts of Care Supervisor as Senior Superintendent (Audit)
- Creation of posts of Head clerks in P H Centres.
- Creation of posts of additional posts of Clerks under three shift systems.
- Introduction of in-service Training to Ministerial Staff.
- Re-fixation of Strength of LD/UD Clerks.
- Creation of posts of Senior Administrative Assistants as Laison Officer.
- Upgradation of the post of Junior Superintendent as Senior Superintendent in the Directorate.
- Timely Interference and approaching Kerala Administrative Tribunal.
- Monthly review meeting Ministerial Staff for promotions and favorable orders.
- The Association has conducted agitations on various other issues.
- Our Association stands for the welfare of the Ministerial Staff.